A new study released by the National Association of College and University Business Officers states that for incoming freshman in the fall of 2012, about 87 percent of students received significant aid or scholarship money, leaving only 13 percent of the students paying full price for school. Average students are reported to receive an overall discount of 44 percent on their college price ticket.

The tip on how to get such great financial support: pick schools that not everyone else is choosing. For example, Harvard and Stanford give out less aid because they know people will pay full price for the brand name, as opposed to lesser-known schools that may offer just as equal of an education. The moral of the story is that paying full price for college is foolish.

For more information on this story, click here.