As every Angeleno knows, there’s nothing quite like great Mexican food.
At the 3rd Annual Taste of Mexico event, taking place on Friday, Oct. 11, those with a hunger for this delicious cuisine can experience the best of the best when it comes to Mexican food and drink. Many Los Angeles-based restaurants will show you what authentic Mexican cuisine is all about.
If you’re not 100 percent convinced by the name itself, Paola Briseno-Gonzalez (the creative coordinator for the event) gave us five reasons why you should check out this year’s The Taste of Mexico event:
1. There will be an unveiling of two highly anticipated restaurants from L.A.'s biggest Mexican restaurateurs: 1) Mexicano, the new restaurant by chefs Jaime Martin Del Campo and Ramiro Arvizu of La Casita Mexicana. Mexicano will be opening soon. And 2) Duro, the new restaurant by chef Ricardo Díaz of Bizarra Capital and Colonia Taco Lounge, which will be opening soon in Silverlake.
2. ALL YOU CAN DRINK premium tequilas and craft mezcal! All night, you can drink Tequila Don Julio, Tequila Campo Azul, Mezcal Ilegal, Mezcal El Sacrificio, Mezcal Los Javis and Wahaka Mezcal. Plus, there will be Casa Dragones during the VIP hour. Cheers!
3. Live entertainment: Andy Zuno, Fabiola Torres, jarocho music, mariachi, a DJ and more!
4. The best of Mexican street food: Leo's Taco Truck (voted best Taco Al Pastor by LA Weekly & LA Taco) and Ricky's Fish Tacos (voted best fish taco by LA Weekly).
5. The best of modern tacos in Los Angeles: Guerrilla Tacos and Tacos Punta Cabras.
If you’re a Mexican-food lover or consider yourself a foodie, this event is not something you want to miss!
*SPECIAL PRESALE OFFERS*
For $10 Off VIP Admission, use code CCVIP.
For $5 Off General Admission, use code CCGA.
Click here for more information on purchasing tickets.
The 3rd Annual The Taste of Mexico takes place on Friday, Oct. 11 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes (501 North Main Street, Los Angeles, Calif. 90012). For more information on the event, click here.