According to the Los Angeles Times, even though the open enrollment for Obamacare has already passed, there are still options for graduating college students to obtain health insurance.

This is because the government allows "qualifying events" to count as exceptions for people to enroll after enrollment closes.

Losing school-based insurance counts as a "qualifying event." Graduating college students have 60 days after losing their college's health insurance plan to sign up for a new one.

If you wait too long, however, you'll have to wait until later this year to sign up for a plan that will begin in 2015. You might also have to pay a $95 penalty or 1 percent of your taxable household income -- whichever one is greater.

Here are some healthcare option plans to consider:

1. Ask your employer. If you've been lucky enough to land a job after graduation, ask your employer about healthcare coverage.

2. See if you can be added to parents' health plan. If you're younger than 26 and your parent(s) agree, you can be added to their plan.

3. Covered California. This plan is set up under the Affordable Care Act. If you make less than $45,000 a year, you may qualify for "tax subsidies that help lower their costs."

4. Medi-Cal. This coverage is available for graduates who make less than $16,000 a year. And, you can enroll at any time (you don't have to follow the 60-day rule).

To read the full story, click here.