The outfits on the third season of “American Horror Story” all had one thing in common: black. And it looks like Emma Roberts, who played Madison Montgomery, decided to carry out that trend into her everyday life.
At Coachella, Roberts donned a simple black slip dress and accessorized it with a flannel shirt wrapped around her waist, black converse, a gold necklace and sunglasses, demonstrating the essence of the very versatile little back dress (“LBD”).
Whether you’re going to a music festival, shopping with friends or going to a nice dinner, a simple black dress is perfect for any event. Dress it up with some heels, or dress it down with sandals or flats. A baby doll or slip black dress can be effortlessly transformed from day to night.
Plus, since black is slimming and is an absence of color, a LBD goes with any and all skin colors and body shapes.
If you want to find the perfect must-have little black dress for your closet this fall, check out these super adorable (and affordable) dresses!
1. Rayon Challis Spaghetti Strap Babydoll Dress, American Apparel, $48
2. Ladder Threaded Detail Skater Dress, Angl, $37.99
3. Lace Trimmed Slip Dress, Forever 21, $17.80
4. Silence + Noise Dahlia Tie-Back Slip Dress, Urban Outfitters, $39
5. ASOS Cami Dress With Overlay, ASOS, $23.22
6. Rita Dress, Nasty Gal, $25
7. Double V Slip Dress, Forever 21, $17.80