The Music Center celebrates the holiday season with a wide variety of popular events and performances at The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and in Grand Park. From the annual L.A. County Tree Lighting, Grand Park’s Winter Glow and George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® by Miami City Ballet, to the 59th annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration and Grand Park + The Music Center’s N.Y.E.L.A., Angelenos have many ways to experience the richness of the holiday season with family and friends in the heart of Downtown L.A.
Holiday Programming Includes:
November 26, 2018 5:00 p.m., free to all
- Join Grand Park and The Music Center for the Los Angeles County annual tree lighting featuring performances by local music artists and community groups along with free Starbucks® hot chocolate and coffee.
December 1, 2018 – December 25, 2018, free to all
- Grand Park’s Winter Glow, a new month-long, immersive nighttime art experience, takes over Grand Park in celebration of the holidays. Families will make new holiday memories strolling together through this 12-acre art exhibit and installation, and experience the wonder of Grand Park lit up like never before. Iconic elements of the park, including the Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain, will shine in new and exciting ways with familiar pathways leading to new discoveries as the park is transformed by the warmth and appeal of light. grandparkla.org
Thursday, November 29, 2018 – Sunday, December 2, 2018, tickets prices vary
- The Music Center welcomes the timeless holiday tradition of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® by Miami City Ballet. These performances become L.A.’s own with student dancers from two L.A.-based arts academies, Colburn School and The Gabriella Foundation’s everybody dance! program. Balanchine’s iconic choreography, Tchaikovsky’s timeless score and beautiful, reimagined sets and costumes by artists Isabel and Ruben Toledo, bring the favorite story to life with more than 100 dancers and cast members along with live orchestra. musiccenter.org/nutcracker
Monday, December 24, 2018 3-6 p.m., free to all
- Los Angeles’ largest multicultural holiday celebration, the 59th annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration provides Angelenos of all ages an opportunity to come together on December 24 to experience and honor the dynamic, rich cultures of the county and to experience many diverse L.A.-based artists and community groups as they showcase their talent and artistry. Highlights of this year’s L.A. County Holiday Celebration include the Daniel Ho & Halau Keali’i o Nalani, Le Ballet Dembaya, Kayamanan Ng Lahi Pilippine Folk Arts, Lorenzo Johnson & Praizum, and Mariachi Divas de Cindy Shea. Watch it on PBS SoCal, see it at The Music Center, or stream it live on pbssocal.org. holidaycelebration.org
Monday, December 31, 2018 8:00 p.m. – January 1, 2019; 1:00 a.m., free to all
- For the sixth year, Grand Park + The Music Center’s N.Y.E.L.A. welcomes Angelenos from all over the county and visitors from across the globe to ring in the New Year in Grand Park. This unique free event, which has been recognized alongside major New Year’s Eve celebrations around the world, brings Angelenos and their families and friends together to celebrate the holiday at L.A.’s biggest FREE New Year’s celebration. Guests will count down to 2019 with 3-D digital video mapping on the side of the iconic City Hall and an integrated light show inspired by this year’s theme My Dream L.A. The evening’s entertainment will be provided by DJs and live music. grandpark.org/nyela
Events are located at the Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, 135 N. Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012 and Grand Park - 200 N. Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012