We may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone) when you register with us or at other times, such as if you choose to:
- purchase a Campus Circle product or service
- participate in or register for a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey;
- sign-up to participate in public forums (such as chat rooms or bulletin boards) or the Site's personals or classifieds section; or
- sign up for an e-mail newsletter or other update
Campus Circle may also ask you to provide us with demographic information or information regarding your interests, hobbies, sex, marital status, level of education, salary or similar information. In addition, as part of Campus Circle’s current and planned services, Campus Circle may, at any time, add features to the Site that require you to register or otherwise provide personally identifiable information, including credit card information, or Campus Circle may require registration or a subscription fee to gain access to any portion of the Site. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some or all of the Site’s features.
In addition to the above, when you visit or download information from this Site, our web servers may automatically collect web site usage information. Web site usage information is non-personally identifiable information that describes how our visitors use and navigate this Site. It can include the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stays, browser type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting the Site, and IP address (see below for more information on IP addresses). We may determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, e-mail or similar service.
CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
The Site is not a web site directed to children under the age of 13, and Campus Circle does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If Campus Circle discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided Campus Circle with personally identifiable information, Campus Circle will delete that child’s personally identifiable information from its system.
This Site’s pages or e-mail messages may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon (also know as a web bug or clear gif) that allows the party that set the web beacon to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of the web page, web-based document or e-mail message, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be very small and invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. Campus Circle may use web beacons to count visitors to the web pages on the Site or to monitor how our users navigate the Site, and we may include web beacons in e-mail messages in order to count how many messages sent were actually opened or acted upon. Campus Circle may use web beacons to compile aggregate statistics about the Site and its marketing campaigns. Campus Circle does not have control over web beacons used by third parties and does not have access to whatever information they may collect.
USE OF INTERNET PROTOCOL ("IP") ADDRESSES
Use and Disclosure of Information Collected at the Site
Campus Circle may use your personally identifiable information:
- to provide you with requested information, services or content
- to contact you in connection with sweepstakes, contest or other promotion
- for purposes disclosed to you when you disclose the information on the Site
- to provide you notice regarding any problems or questions we have about your use of the Site
- for internal business purposes, such as to improve the Web Site and our business strategies
- to serve specific content or advertisements to you.
- to send you information about us and the Site that may be of interest to you, or on behalf of one of our external business partner; and
- to contact you regarding any problems or questions we have relating to your use of the Site
If you provide us with personally identifiable information of a friend, or your friend provides personally identifiable information about you, to e-mail an article, electronic greeting card or other special feature from the Site, the e-mail addresses you or your friend supply us for those activities will not be used to send you or your friend other e-mail communications unless otherwise disclosed at the time you provide such information.
Please note that information submitted to the Web Site via a “contact us,” “help” or other similar e-mail address or form will not necessarily receive a response. We will not use the information provided to these e-mail addresses or forms for marketing purposes unrelated to your request.
Personally identifiable information collected by Campus Circle is not shared with third parties for any purpose except for the limited circumstances stated below:
- When you affirmatively agree to the disclosure;
- To fulfill orders for products or services that you place with Campus Circle or the Site;
- To fulfill legal requirements for a sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, disclosure on a winners list and in connection with prize fulfillment. By entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor of the promotion to use your name, voice or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion or otherwise;
- In response to a request from local, state or federal law enforcement officials or other governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- In response to a request by any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as subpoena;
- Where Campus Circle has a good faith belief that such disclosure is required by law or to establish, exercise, or defend the legal rights, interests, or safety of the Site, our users or others;
- To limit Campus Circle's exposure to liability;
- To verify or enforce Campus Circle's policies;
- In the event Campus Circle merges with another business entity or its assets related to the products or services that you receive from Campus Circle are acquired by another business entity, or its business is consolidated, or it goes through a fundamental corporate change; and
- When Campus Circle employs third parties to perform functions on its behalf. These include, without limitation, third party hosting companies, communication services (including e-mail and mail), data analysts, promotion agencies, classified fulfillment and processing companies, credit card transaction processors, companies that provide user and marketing assistance, companies that create, host, fulfill or run contests/sweepstakes/games and other customer service companies.
Campus Circle may also disclose non-personally identifying, aggregated user statistics to third parties for several reasons, including, without limitation, obtaining advertisers and describing Campus Circle and the Site to third parties.
PUBLIC FORUMS (including Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards)
YOUR CHOICES (How to Change Your Profile)
If you have requested information from Campus Circle (for example, when signing up for a newsletter), and except as specifically disclosed to you at the time the information was originally collected, you may let us know that you no longer wish to receive such information by unsubscribing from our email list at http://www.campuscircle.com/unsubscribe.cfm , contacting Campus Circle at (323) 939-8477 or by written correspondence [Campus Circle, Attn: Email List, 5042 Wilshire Blvd., #600, Los Angeles, CA 90036.]
Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately. You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases. If you choose to receive commercial e-mail from us, you can opt-out of future commercial messages by clicking on the link in this section and following the step-by-step process for unsubscribing or by following the directions in the applicable e-mail message to unsubscribe.
Please note, we may institute a policy in which user information is deleted after a certain amount of time, and therefore, your user account information may no longer exist in Campus Circle’s active database(s). In addition, even if you choose to unsubscribe or otherwise modify your user account settings, Campus Circle reserves the right to contact you regarding your account status, technical support, product information, changes to account terms, and any other matter that might affect this Site.
Campus Circle stores the information we collect from you on limited access servers, and Campus Circle takes steps to maintain the security of Campus Circle’s servers and to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Campus Circle cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Campus Circle and you do so at your own risk.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in Canada, the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to Campus Circle will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site, participating in any of Campus Circle’s services or providing Campus Circle with your information, you consent to this transfer.